Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

What a day!!

Well, little Cooper is still trying to figure things out! Yesterday was a very scary day for us all!! Cooper was dropping his stats (oxygen saturation and heart beat) quite a bit, and was requiring help to come back up. He even needed to be bagged twice. One of those bagging resulted in a "Code Blue" which was SO SCARY for me!!! After the dust settled, the nurse told us that she only pushed the code button because she could not reach the doctor and needed one quickly; they all came running!! WOW.

He spent most of the day requiring 90% or more oxygen from the ventilator. It was a rough day watching him go up and down and need so much help to come out of it. They ordered an x-ray late in the evening and saw that he was overloaded with fluid. They gave him some Lasix (sp?) and a sedative, and he settled down a bit. We didn't leave the hospital until close to midnight!! I called to check on him later and he was having a MUCH better time!!

This morning we slept in a bit knowing that he was so much better! We also stopped by Target to finally register for baby stuff. My first baby shower is in a few weeks and I needed to get that done so people can shop (hopefully!! LOL) Anyway...

I spent a few hours with Cooper and he was doing his dip thing. He was coming out of it without much help. It was nice to see. They gave him a new medication to help open up his lungs. It seems to have helped! They are also cutting back on his pain meds and he actually has to go on methadone to help get him off without withdrawal (he has been on it for weeks-but only a little bit!) Bless his heart, he has had a lot done to him and is doing so well!!

I learned that there is life outside of the hospital tonight!! I left early to go to my women's bible study tonight. Since we got there so late, Kevin stayed to make sure he is ok! It was SO NICE to laugh and be real with my girls! The video was good and gave me something to work for!! I can't wait to start the next one! Beth Moore--my favorite!!

1 comment:

  1. We won't let you forget how to laugh and be real! We love you Tiffy!!!!

    ReplyDelete