Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, December 7, 2009

Cooper Dale Jones

On November 23rd 2009 our lives were blessed beyond measure. Our son, Cooper Dale Jones made his appearance on that Monday due to my pre-eclampsia and possible signs of anemia in him. I was only 26 weeks pregnant. We met with the NICU doctors and were told what to expect with a 26 week old baby. Cooper was delivered by C-section and he was wisked away to the NICU, but not before meeting me, I got to touch his sweet little face!! He came out fighting and making noise, which everyone was surprised by!! Kevin went with Cooper and the NICU team to get him settled there. After the surgery, I was put in a recovery room and put on magnesium for 24 hours, so I couldn't visit Cooper for a whole day... Cooper is now 2 weeks old! He is doing great! Life in the NICU is a bumpy, busy road!! We are trying to balance "normal" life with NICU life. We try to visit Cooper as much as possible, and get plenty of rest. We are still learning how to balance!!

1 comment:

  1. I great intro for all your friends. Thanks for doing this. We appreciate the updates,etc....May our heavenly Father continue to bless you as He has already.

    Love in Christ.... James &Yvieta Ulmer

    ReplyDelete