Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Friday, March 12, 2010

What a difference a day makes!






Well I had a bad day yesterday. What I needed was a dose of perspective! God is so good!! We spent the day looking at all the amazing and wonderful things in my life! I realized that I was focused on all the wrong things. So this is my change of perspective blog....
Cooper is an amazing miracle baby! He was born at 26 weeks. He was only 1 pound 11 ounces and 12 1/2 inches long. He has avoided many issues faced by being born premature such as brain bleeds, digestive issues (NEC), and eye development issues (ROP). He has consistently put on weight. He takes a bottle like a champ! He survived heart surgery at a month old. He kicked the ventilator after 6 weeks. He only had to be on cpap for a few days. He went from 6 liters to 2 liters on the vapotherm in 7 days! He is still fighting! He is incredibly patient. He loves to be held. He can flirt like a pro! He makes the cutest faces! He melts my heart! He weighs 6 pounds and 6 ounces!

There are some amazing things about NICU life. I have a tremendous amount of medical knowledge, especially about lungs!! I have met some amazing families that are going through the same things! I love talking with them, encouraging them, and being encouraged by them. We cry together and celebrate the little and BIG accomplishments together! The doctors know us and we know them! They greet us like friends and always make sure they stay to answer any and all questions we have. I have also made some wonderful friendships with some AMAZING nurses (Both at Baptist and Vandy!) They work so very hard and take time getting to know us. I have had some of the best conversations at Cooper's bedside with our nurses. They always greet me and ask how I am doing. I feel like they genuinely care about my family! We laugh and share about our lives! They are wonderful! There is a lady named Joyce who works in the booth at the parking garage. She is so sweet and thoughful! She is always remembers me and is so friendly and asks about Cooper! I always meet someone in the elevator in the garage and say hi and smile! (There are people who actually think I work there and ask for directions! LOL!) These have been some of the best experiences I have had!

Yesterday I complained about the drive. It is long, but I get to listen to and be encouraged by WayFM. This is one way I try to stay focused. There are a few songs out there that have helped me, especially today: Hope Now by Addison Road, Let the Waters Rise by Mike's Chair, and Safe by Phil Wickham. These songs really speak to my heart and what I am going through. God is so good to me! When I am in a funk, he gently pulls me out and focuses my attention on all the blessings I have. Once again, I have been able to hold, touch, kiss, and love my son all before he was supposed to be here! What an amazing miracle!
Thanks for letting me share both perspectives with you! Keep the prayers coming! They are talking about starting steroids Sunday! God is so good!! ALL THE TIME!

1 comment:

  1. Love you! We all need to step back from time to time to get a fresh perspective! We have so much we tend not to be grateful!

    ReplyDelete