Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Saturday, October 2, 2010

What's going on...



We have had a busy week!! Cooper had a pediatrician check up on Tuesday and a swallow study on Wednesday. That meant we had to get up early both mornings to fight rush hour traffic so we could be downtown by 8:30. I have a new found respect for those that fight traffic going to work every day! Whew! I don't like it AT ALL!!
At the pediatrician's office, Cooper weighed 13 lbs and 11 oz!! He gained just over a pound in a month. Much better, but I will be honest, I was hoping for more....We decided to try an appetite stimulation for a month to see what happens...Stay tuned!! :)
The swallow study was a breeze! It took longer to get there than the whole study! He sat in a chair in between x-ray panels and ate. He had to keep looking forward so they could get the images they wanted, and he did great!! He ate the berrium flavored applesauce and formula like a champ. They said he has no swallowing issues! (I could have told them that, but...) He was such a good patient. They even said that his age group is the hardest, but he was so good! He gets that from me!
We are still working on sitting up and rolling over from back to tummy. He is doing great. I try very hard NOT to compare Cooper with other babies his age or adjusted age. It is tricky because the world has these expectations for him and he is on his own timeline :) He is such a wonderful baby and he is doing great! The pediatrician is proud of his accomplishments and told me to cut him some slack, Cooper is pretty much on target. So we just keep practicing!! As I am typing, he is sitting beside me on the couch throwing his passie and laughing. I love him so much!! We are going to play now! Stay tuned...

Thank you Lord for my many blessings!! God is so good!! Trust in that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment