Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Sunday, April 24, 2011

It's been a while!

I went back to teaching in January. It has been a CRAZY few months and I am still learning to balance life at school and home. Just when I think I have it figured out, something changes...like Kevin's schedule! :)

The first few weeks of teaching were ROUGH! I cried all the way to school most days. I felt so guilty leaving my precious boy with someone else. I have been with him every day since he came home last March. I was very grateful for snow days and believe me, I was doing the snow dance with all the kids! I have the BEST babysitter for Cooper, so I don't feel as guilty leaving him anymore. Mrs. Amy is WONDERFUL!! She works hard every day with Cooper! She always writes these great notes that tells me all about his day! I know he is having so much fun with her and her son, Kaden! I don't worry so much about him when he is there!!


Let's see....What is new???? Cooper is growing like a weed! He came off oxygen TOTALLY in February. He had his eye surgery in February as well, and it went very well! He is in size 3 diapers, he wears mostly 9 month clothes, but can wear some 12 month clothes as well. He weighs 17 pounds 8 ounces. We are struggling with the weight, but we will get there! He is 29" tall!! He wears size 3 shoes.....He just got fitted for some orthotics that will help with his turn out when he stands. He is NOT walking and only army crawls on his belly. He gets physical and occupational therapy each week in a therapy center as well as TEIS services at Mrs. Amy's house. He is talking up a storm, but mainly just babbling. He is super happy and such a joy!! I am beyond blessed to be his mommy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment