Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Can it really be this easy??

Cooper and I with our glasses! He is too cute!! He has his Daddy's "serious" face! LOL

Cooper has been off oxygen during the day now for 2 weeks!! I cannot believe he is doing so well! He keeps his oxygen saturation anywhere from 97-99%; which is pretty fantastic! I am very much enjoying taking him places without the extra equipment! He is enjoying no nasal cannula attached to his face!!

I did have a moment of doubt and had to ask our pediatrician if he was really ok....It's kind of funny now! The monitor was saying that his saturation was good, heart rate steady, he was in good spirits, and was not breathing too hard. My thought "what if he is working too hard and won't gain weight". I had to ask:  if everything says he is ok...is he really ok?? Can it be this easy to FINALLY come off oxygen. His answer was yes! When they are ready, they are ready. DUH! I should have remembered this from the NICU, but I've had some time away and forgot! :) He reminded me to trust my instincts! Dr Bill  is WONDERFUL!

We have also found AWESOME child care for Cooper! I am going back to work in January and have been praying for the right person to come along....enter Mrs. Amy! She is wonderful! She has a 9 month old son and the boys get along so well! I am excited for her son to teach Cooper a few things! We have already done a trial run, and Cooper didn't even cry....not going to say the same for me! I feel very confident that we have found the perfect fit for Cooper, so I can focus on going back to teaching in January!! God is good!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Tiffany, he is just adorable! You look so cute in that photo together. I am so thankful he is doing so well! God IS so good.

    ReplyDelete