Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Sunday, January 24, 2010

He is getting so BIG!







We are so proud of our little Cooper! He now weighs 3 pounds and 3 ounces! He is 16 inches long! He is growing!! As you can see Cooper got his very first bath on Friday!! He was free of IVs so it was the time to dip him in a bath and scrub him up! He had been sponged off until now. He was very unsure at first and then decided he HATED it! I couldn't help but laugh (and take pictures). I got to help bathe him, which was A LOT harder (and scarier) than I thought! Boy do they get slippery! I was glad to have a nurse there to help hold him and teach me how to bathe him properly. That is one of the great things about NICU life; you get someone who teaches you how to do the every day tasks like bathing and diaper changes, and you get to practice with their supervision!! I am glad that I am in a place where I can find the good in all the chaos!!

We have been given the choice to stay at Vanderbilt or go back to Baptist. After MUCH consideration, we decided to go back to Baptist. There are MANY good things about both places, but Baptist just has a family atmosphere that we miss terribly! Several of his nurses have even called my cell to check up on him since we have been gone! They miss him too! We are looking forward to the move on Wednesday or Thursday.

Cooper was doing so well this last week that the doctors decided to come down on his flow on the vapotherm. The "flow" is the amount/force of air that helps keep his lungs inflated. (ISH) He was on 5 liters and came down to 4 on Saturday. We expected him to go up on his oxygen necessity, but he didn't! So on Sunday they came down a bit more! He is now on 3.5 liters! (That's good!) We are very proud of our little man!

I changed my profile picture to my new favorite picture! I caught him smiling!! It was so sweet! (probably gas but sweet anyway!) Thanks so much for your prayers! We are overwhelmed by how blessed we are with wonderful friends!!






No comments:

Post a Comment