Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Saturday, March 20, 2010

So far so good!!!



Cooper was moved to oxygen Friday around noon. They took him off vapotherm with a flow of 2 and put him on oxygen with a flow of 1. We have been praying for this moment for days and here we go........... Immediately after the change he was doing well!! We realized there is a period of adjustment, so we watched and waited. He did great!! His oxygen saturation stayed in the 90s most of the day!!
I was exhausted from the excitement so I went home. I knew he had a blood gas the next morning to test his CO2, oxygen, and ph levels and this will show how well he is doing. I called several times during the night to make sure he was still doing great, and he was!!! His test was not bad either. His CO2 levels were around where he always is, so we are staying where we are. I am so proud and thankful!! God is so good!!
Could it be that we are close to home??? We will have to wait and see! The doctors are calling the clinic about meds on Monday and he has shots on Tuesday. They usually want to keep them for a day or 2 after the shots to make sure there is no reaction. So, after that???????????? We will see..............

1 comment:

  1. Tiffany, I'm so happy for you and Kevin. I know that you guys have been patiently waiting for this time to come and I'm so excited for you both! We love you and will continue to pray for Cooper.

    ReplyDelete